About this test
GTLDNA is proud to offer the Personal Genome Analysis screen, which will provide an overview of your DNA. This analysis will reveal your susceptibility to some of our common modern day diseases and your response to a number of commonly used medications. The results may provide appropriate recommendations in the field of prevention and early appropriate action, to help you reduce the risk of developing a disease – all based on your genetic makeup. This is especially important to those of who are more exposed because of our genetic makeup.
In addition, the analysis will provide you with further insight into a number of genetically determined characteristics and hidden talents, such as lactose and caffeine metabolism, sensitivity to pain, bitter taste perception and the ability to learn from mistakes.
You can view our Personal Genome Analysis Brochure by clicking HERE.
Your Personal Genome Analysis report will include
- Easy-to-understand introduction to genetics and genome analysis
- Descriptions of conditions and drugs that your genetics are compared against
- Coloured and explanatory display of your genetic results
- Medical advice and preventive measures
- List of the genes analysed
- List of scientific research that the Personal Genome Analysis is based on
The Personal Genome Analysis provides information and recommendations on how to reduce the risk of developing following diseases:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Atrial fibrillation
- Basal cell carcinoma
- Breast cancer
- Celiac disease
- Colorectal cancer
- Diabetes type 1
- Diabetes type 2
- Heart attack
- Lung cancer
- Multiple sclerosis
- Prostate cancer
- Restless leg syndrome
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Venous thromboembolism
Your analysis will also tell you how well you would respond to treatment to any of following drugs:
- Regulation of cholesterol and triglycerides (statins)
- Inhibition of gastric acid secretion (omeprazole)
- Prevention of blood clotting (clopidogrel)
- Regulation of blood sugar level (metformin)
- Treatment of stable coronary artery disease (perindopril)
- Anticoagulants (warfarin)
As an addition, it will also provide you with further insight to the following traits and talents based on your genetics:
- Alcohol metabolism
- Caffeine metabolism
- Earwax type
- Eye colour
- Lactose metabolism
- Learning from mistakes
- Muscle structure
- Pain sensitivity
- Bitter taste perception
- Nicotine addiction
- Resistance to noroviruses
- Resistance to malaria (type Duffy)
The Personal Genome Analysis can help you to
- Undertake appropriate preventive measures and lifestyle changes to reduce your risks or prevent developing certain diseases
- Be aware of potential genetic predispositions of developing a disease and hence enabling early detection and treatment
- Adjust the dosage of drugs, as advised of your doctor, in order to improve the safety and efficacy of treatment
- Learn more about your physical abilities and characteristics
What kind of sample is required?
All we need is a simple and painless Saliva Sample. DNA is then extracted from the cells collected from your sample.
How is testing performed?
Our Personal Genome Analysis DNA screen test utilises Next Generation sequencing technology, coupled with carefully designed DNA markers and leading genetics bioinformatics software and assesses over 130 genetic variations in more than 110 different genes.
Please note that the Personal Genome Analysis does not provide diagnoses of diseases nor predictions on the future. Many diseases are influenced both by genes as well as our environment. If the analysis identifies you as having a high risk for developing a condition, your doctor and/or genetic counsellor will be able to provide you with the relevant information and options for the future. You should always seek professional advice from your doctor in the case you are considering great changes in your lifestyle.